Building Resilience Through Shared Experience
The 2019 Minnesota VOAD Conference will be the 16th annual gathering of members from Minnesota voluntary organizations, private sector partners and emergency management representatives, to learn and to network.
The conference will include leadership and disaster-related trainings, and valuable collaboration and networking opportunities for over 100 participants.
This is an excellent opportunity for emergency management volunteers and professionals to come together from across the state to share best practices, new ideas and develop solutions for building more resilient communities.
Join us for a full day of learning and networking alongside your MNVOAD colleagues!
Schedule of Events
- 0800-0830: Registration
- 0830-0900: Welcome
- 0900-1000: First Plenary Session, Allison Liuzzi, MN Compass Demography Analysis
- 1030-1130: First Breakout Session
- 1130-1215: Business Meeting
- 1230-1330: Lunch (Provided) & Capacity Building Group Discussions
- 1345-1445: Second Plenary Session, Dr Christie Manning - Macalester College, Bringing New Voices into Climate Resilience Planning
- 1500-1600: Second Break Out Session
- 1600-1630: Summary & Closing Comments
- “Stop the Bleed”
- CERT—Before Disaster Strikes
- Recovery & Resilience—Lessons Learned in 2018
- MNVOAD Liaison Training
- Crisis Clean-up Use & Coordination
- How Local Communities Can Help Themselves Following Disaster
- Responder Self-Care
Thank you to our sponsors!